Hooper Holmes Health Professional Job Description
Our Health Professionals work closely and collaboratively with other health professionals and will be expected to accurately perform diagnostic testing in accordance with screening steps.
- Perform routine laboratory and diagnostic testing during events
- Greet and escort patients to the screening room
- Collect biometrics and specimens
- Ensure laboratory orders are entered properly, requiring great attention to detail
- Assist participants with completing the Consent form and Participant Log
- Properly label, process, and package specimens for shipping
- Document as appropriate on the Wellness Screening Form or in the Electronic Medical Record
- Follow all safety, quality, and cleanliness protocols
- Communicate with the Site Manager or the Event Manager any concerns or issues
- Other duties as assigned by Site Manager including but not limited to setup and teardown of the event, loading and unloading of supplies, restocking supplies, emptying trash at the end of the event, after the event take blood samples to UPS and fax all documentation to Hooper Holmes.
Our Health Professionals will schedule themselves onto events using the Health & Wellness Examiner Portal from their computer or an app you can download on your Android or iPhone. Once hired, the Health Professional will receive emails regarding upcoming events that are within 100 miles of the Health Professionals zip code. You will log into the Health & Wellness Portal to either state that you are interested in or to self-engage onto events. Health Professionals that are proactive about reaching out to get work rather than waiting for a call have had the most success.
What we are looking for Health Professionals who:
- Are motivated and enthusiastic
- Hold a Phlebotomy Technician Certification or other certification that covers Phlebotomy (Medical Assistant, RN, LPN)
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills, accountability, and a flexible, positive attitude
- Have strong communication skills and are customer service oriented
- Have familiarity with phlebotomy procedures and the ability perform a manual blood pressure, and document screening results via handwritten or computer-based.
- Must be able to document in legible handwriting and use technology for paperless services.
- Have experience performing both finger-stick collections and venipuncture draws
- Are able to lift supply boxes weighing up to 25 lbs. from the ground to waist
- Health Professionals are required to complete screening and accurately complete required paperwork within a 10 minute time frame. So they must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible schedules based on screening type and location
- Pay Breakdown for standard large group, small group, and individual events:
- Mentoring Event = $15 Per Hour
- Pre-Site Visit = Flat $35 Fee ($50 for events with more than 7 screening HPs)
- Individual/1 Participant Event = Flat $25 Fee
- 2-3 Participant Event = $10 for 2nd & 3rd Participant + Individual Event Fee ($25)
- 4-9 Participant Event = $50 Flat Fee
- 10+ Participant Event = $18 Per Hour Starting Rate with the ability to increase to $22 per hour
- Site Manager Rate = $25 Per Hour When Engaged in a Site Manager Role
Pay dates are every other Friday. Each fee for service payment will contain all events completed by the previous Friday, provided all necessary event paperwork is correctly completed and submitted to the Payment Processing Department in a timely manner.
Please visit our website at www.hooperholmes.com for more information about our company! Due the responsibilities associated with this position, background checks will be performed. Hooper Holmes is an Equal Opportunity Employer